Views

Twitter Feed

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thankful

I'm up really late tonight because I'm having some trouble sleeping, but I was lying down on my bed just thinking about all the fun I have had since the beginning of college. I remember all the friends and memories I made, all the fun I had, and how great I felt inside because I have been blessed by God with this wonderful life.

And right now, at this very moment, I am thankful. Thankful for having God in my life. Thankful for the life God gave me. Thankful that I am alive and breathing. Thankful for a family. Thankful for siblings. Thankful for my parents. Thankful for a big extended family.

Thankful for the ability to love. Thankful in knowing that people love me. Thankful for friends. Thankful in receiving an education. Thankful for going to Hardin-Simmons University. Thankful in knowing that I am at the right school. Thankful for a full-ride scholarship. Thankful for my job. Thankful for being in the Honors Program. Thankful for all the opportunities HSU offers. Thankful for being able to make friends easily.

Thankful for air to breathe. Thankful for food to eat. Thankful for drink to drink. Thankful for the ability to think. Thankful for my brain. Thankful for the ability to use my brain. Thankful for the ability to reason. Thankful for my heart. Thankful for my body. Thankful for my health.

Thankful for the ability to walk and run. Thankful for the ability to climb trees. Thankful for nature and grass and seas and earth and skies and clouds and rain. Thankful for thanksgiving. Thankful for humor. Thankful for the ability to laugh and cry. Thankful for music. Thankful for movies. Thankful for ideas and the ability to form ideas. Thankful for facts and opinions. Thankful for belief and faith. Thankful for doubt. Thankful for grace.

The word "thankful" just looks funny to me now after typing it over and over again, but the thankful feeling I have inside will never die.

I am thankful for everything I have, everything I am, everything I was, and everything I will be.
I thank God for everything because He is the one who has given me all these blessings in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment