Views

Twitter Feed

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jeopardy: Online College Test


And the Final Jeopardy category is...unknown!!!

I took the Jeopardy test online for college students in hopes of winning an audition to be on the College Tournament series on the popular game show. The test I took was at 8 P.M. Central Time. And all I have to say is that the test was...interesting...and difficult.

At least I thought it was difficult. I felt so unprepared, but I signed up to take the test only a day before the test day. I found out about the online test during a commercial break on TV. And this too was on the day before the test day.

I had a couple of questions before registering to take the test:

1. I am a college freshman, but I am only 17 years old. Did I have to be 18 to take the test? I met the other qualifications to take the college student test, but did I meet the age requirement (which I might not have seen when registering...).

2. During the online test, could a person have searched for the answers on a search engine such as Google? I know you only had 15 seconds to answer a clue, but some people are fast typers, so it was possible that people "cheated" on the test. I am not saying that I did this, but it was a very viable option for many other college students taking the online test.

3. This question also relates to the "during testing" period. Could you get outside help from others? You could have gotten help from parents, friends present with you, friends taking the same test beside you on a different computer, or friends in a different time zone that you could have been talking on the phone or Skype-ing or Oovoo-ing with? I guess it's just a matter of good conscience.

Nevertheless, I felt quite "ignorant" to say the least. I'm not sure how many clues I answered correctly, but I had a very hard time with literature and history clues. I was never good with remembering names and dates and events. I honestly need to work on those areas of learning. I did well with pop culture clues pertaining to movies and sports. But clues in those areas on actual Jeopardy airings are rare and really only appear in the first round. I did well on some science clues, but I just want to know how many clues I got right.

Reflecting on my experience, I just hope that I did well. I know that I will never know how well I did on the online test, but I am hoping that I answered enough clues right to win me an audition to be on the show. If I do make it, I will be very thankful, but I am aware that I will face tough competition. Afterall, I'm only a college freshmen who will be facing intelligent upperclassmen. I'll have a lot of fun on the show and in the competition. I've always wanted to meet Alex Trebek. And I've always wanted to be on the Clue Crew and travel the world. Traveling around the world has been one of my biggest dreams since I was 3 or 4. But anyways, I'm glad I took the online test. I will be prepared next time around when I might take the online test again. I need to brush up in several areas of learning. Taking the online test sped up my heart rate. It was a good rush. I had fun taking the online test! All I can do now is WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment