Views

Twitter Feed

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prayers

Prayer is good for the heart and soul.

Right now, I would like to send my prayers to Kiefer Holman and the Holman family.

It is just unbelievable. I got a phone call from my friend Dylon yesterday, and he told me that Kiefer went missing in Lake Ray Hubbard when canoeing with a couple friends. It was really windy on Saturday, and the canoe tipped over. Kiefer's friends made it to shore, but there were no signs of Kiefer, so a search party started looking for him. It is now Sunday night, and Kiefer still hasn't been found. I am hoping that he is found alive, but there are no positive signs. I just couldn't help thinking about all the crazy things that have happened to Kiefer in the past couple of weeks.

I went on Facebook today (despite giving it up for Lent) to write on Kiefer's Wall to say that I am praying for him and his family. So many of his friends have done the same. I am continuing to pray for him and his family.

And this one is to you Kiefer:

Even though I didn't know you that well, you seemed like a good kid. A lover of God and life. A good Christian. We are in the same swimming/lifeguarding class, and you always cracked jokes to lighten the mood. I remember you re-telling your longboarding accident and adding some dramatic, crazy parts to the story. Dylon and I were laughing because of the crazy stuff you added to the story, but the others kept listening to you with straight faces, believing that you safely slid under an 18 wheeler before flying off your longboard. Lifeguarding class is going to be different when Spring Break is over and classes start up again. You're a great soccer player as well. I saw you show off some of your soccer skills during Intramural Soccer at HSU. I also think you have one of the coolest names. The name Kiefer reminds me on Kiefer Sutherland who plays Jack Bauer on 24. And Jack Bauer is awesome. Like Chuck Norris. You will be missed by many. You were a positive impact in many people's lives, and you will always remain a positive impact. Enjoy life with God in heaven and watch over your family and friends. You are an adventurer. You were a cool guy, easy to get along with. I am still hoping that you are found alive. But if not, I know that you are enjoying life in heaven with the Almighty Father. God bless, and rest in peace. I will see you one day in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment