Views

Twitter Feed

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Websites to Waste Hours On: FREE TIME!!!

Now that I'm off Facebook and Twitter, I have a lot more free time to spend. And I've spent some of that free time surfing the web and finding cool sites. Of course, you can waste hundreds of hours on YouTube or StumbleUpon (or Pinterest if you're a girl...but guys are free to join), but I've found some other websites that have been worth my time.


StatusHumor is pretty darn funny. The site posts some of the funniest statuses from social networks. Here's an example of one:


"Look at your status, now back to mine, now back at yours, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn’t mine. But if you stopped posting about the other things and made this your status, yours could be like mine. Look down, back up. Where are you? You’re on Facebook, reading the status your status could be like. I’m on a computer."

WIMP is a compilation site of the best videos on the web. The best part is, the videos are suitable for ALL AGES. So you don't have to worry about NSFW (not safe for work) videos. Here's a funny vid:




I don't know why I like this site, but WISH is a bit intriguing. I don't exactly know how it works, but I think you pick the things you would like to have and you're entered into a drawing for the prize. 


The Onion is classic news satire. It's also a great way to keep up with current events.


For all you music lovers, Pandora or 8tracks is the place to go. Pandora is like Genius on iTunes. You can create "stations" that play your favorite artists/bands and music related to them. 8tracks is more of a playlist type of thing. You can create your own playlists or listen to ones that other people have made.


If you want to change it up a bit every single day, check out Cool Site of the Day


Have a great day and live life!

No comments:

Post a Comment