Views

Twitter Feed

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sonnet Saturday & Sh*t _____ Say: Part Two

Hey people of the earth! I haven't really kept up with "Sonnet Saturday" at all because I pretty much forgot about it, but now that Lent has come around, I have more time to work on my personal blog.


I posted another "Sh*t People Say to Filipinos" video on YouTube! Here it is:


It's longer than my first video, so enjoy!


Anyways, back to "Sonnet Saturday." I wrote a sonnet last semester about Finals Week. Here it is:


Almost There (12/10/11)

High stressed emotions take complete control.
Awake until the sun begins to rise.
Connection lost between body and soul.
Where in the whole world are my clear, blue skies?
Ended a long relationship with sleep
Many years ago; regrets fill me up.
Tears from the eyes, about it I still weep.
Coffee overflows from a Starbucks cup.
Up very late, burning the midnight oil.
Snacking to stay awake, high calories.
What stinks? Milk in the fridge begins to spoil.
Energy low like teachers’ salaries.
Needing motivation, I’m almost there;
But to finish strong, I have to prepare.

Have a great weekend! If you don't celebrate the weekends like I do, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment